Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wyndie's Report, Part 2




My hCG Experience – Part Two
...by Wyndie






As of Wednesday, April 7th, I finished the maintenance phase of my hCG diet, so it’s time to give you an update.

 My weight: I have successfully maintained my weight loss. I did get into the upper end of my weight range twice, and I went over once just this past Sunday. Not surprisingly, this happened when I overate or ate things I wasn’t supposed to be eating. The first two times, I did steak days with mixed results. My first steak day worked beautifully, but the second one I only dropped 0.6 lb. I cannot account for the difference. When I actually went over my weight, I chose not to do another steak day. Instead, I was very careful to eat only good, healthy foods the following day, paying attention to portion size. I dropped 2.4 lbs and was right back at my end weight.

• Lesson learned: I do better when I monitor my weight daily, but I don’t need to be concerned about minor fluctuations. I can immediately correct peaks, should they occur.

 My food issues: I have to say that the diet did change the size of my appetite, but not as much as I’d hoped. I also still have cravings, darn it! However, I have definitely become more aware of why I eat what I eat, and that has made a big difference. I now know that a small treat is okay if I’m in the right frame of mind. However, if I’m feeling stressed or frustrated, I’m more likely to keep indulging and then regret it later. I’ve also learned that eating after 8:00 p.m. is a big no-no for me. I’m okay having a cup of caffeine-free tea or diet hot chocolate, but anything else pretty much guarantees a weight gain the next day.

• Lesson learned: I need continue to eat wholesome, healthy foods and avoid sugary junk food. However, I can occasionally indulge if I’m careful about it.

 My overall health: I’m thrilled that my “extra-cushy” spots seem to be gone for good. In addition, I did see my doctor for a checkup. He did blood work, and all of my results came back normal. I exercised 3-4 times per week for 40-50 minutes at a time throughout my maintenance, and my endurance and stamina were just fine. Exercising has been enjoyable, and I look forward to it. I feel great, and I haven’t had any of those nasty, run-down afternoons since going on the diet, though I have had one migraine headache.

• Lesson learned: The hCG diet does not seem to have had a negative effect on my physical condition; if anything, it seems to have helped my overall health and sense of well-being.

On the whole, I am very pleased with my hCG experience. I have definitely learned a great deal about myself and my relationship with food. I have learned how my body reacts to different foods and how to respond to keep myself feeling healthy and happy. I would do it again, but hopefully, I won’t ever have to! Ü

[To read Part One of Wyndie's report, click here:]

0 comments: